Lan shook his head sightly. 'He was better. But he thought I was finished, with only one arm. He never understood. You surrender after you're dead.'Robert Jordan, New Spring
The Ogier have been researching different artifacts found within the Ways and have come to some surprising conclusions about their origins and future. Look to the Eldest of the Ogier to find out more of these startling new ideas.
1) Yufolsam the Ogier Druid (Optional).
- First, go to Stedding Gamamiel and seek for Yufolsam the Ogier Druid.
- Speedwalk to Yufolsam: 4s2w2s; give 50 coins thaelix; n3e3n2wn13e3ses2en2en4e3n2es
- Say WAYS to have him tell you the story about the ways.
- You can say TALISMAN and POWER for more information, or say DRUID to know where to go next.
2) Lefaydom the Druid (Optional).
- Go to Lefaydom the Druid (New Manetheren's Druid Guildmaster) [8e1s2w1s2e6s] and say WAYS.
- She will provide you with more information about the ways and where to go next.
3) The Amyrlin Seat.
- Go to White Tower (4s2w2s; give 50 coins thaelix; n3e3n2wnwn2eu) and locate the Amyrlin Seat, say WAYS. (Optional)
The Amyrlin Seat spits in utter disgust!
The Amyrlin Seat says, 'Unless you have something else, I suggest you take your JOURNEY elsewhere!'
- Say JOURNEY (You have to do everything from here in order to cleanse the ways, the previous parts are all optional)
A new gateway opens near the fireplace and the Amyrlin steps from it.
The Amyrlin Seat says, 'I have placed an artifact in an evil palace, deep within the bowels'
The Amyrlin Seat says, 'of the dungeons near a person who absolutely despises the Light.'
The Amyrlin Seat says, 'Find him and bring me the artifact and you may have the Talisman.'
4) Trade the Golden Chalice for the Talisman of Growing.
- Go to Palace Of Misery (POM), locate Valdin the Impaler (NE corner),
get chalice laying on ground in his room and get back to Amyrlin Seat (killing Valdin is optional).
- Give the golden chalice to him and he will give you the Talisman of Growing in return.
5) Give Talisman of Growing to Yufolsam the Ogier Druid.
- Return to Yufolsam the Ogier Druid to give him the Talisman.
Yufolsam the Ogier Druid says, 'Yes this is it! The Talisman of Growing!'
Yufolsam the Ogier Druid says, 'Please wait here while I create the Waygate.'
Yufolsam the Ogier Druid quickly hurries east towards the mountains.
Yufolsam the Ogier Druid nods.
Yufolsam the Ogier Druid says, 'It has been done. I wish you luck my friend. You will need it.'
6) Machin Shin.
- After he has come back, go 3e from Yufolsam's room and you will see
"A wall thriving with plant life, moving about on their own stands here."
- If you type take all you should see: a Living Waygate: You can't carry that much weight.
- Enter way and then enter portal right away, you will be in a small area with Machin Shin in it.
IMPORTANT: You have to enter way and then enter portal right away,
do NOT wander around the area or else Machin Shin will eat all your kit.
- Machin Shin has a 100% chance to load a random cipher like Orthis, Bael, Witch-King, Morgh'suhl.
That should give you an idea about the difficulty killing it. I won't spoil the fun ;)
- After Machin Shin has been defeated, you will see these messages (Echo all around the world, visible to all players):
The world seems a little brighter... Shuu has defeated Machin Shin and cleansed the Ways!!!
A brilliant waygate appears out of thin are, breaking the silence of the darkness.
- After Shin has been defeated, wait 1 more tick before entering way in the room where the corpse of Machin Shin is to explore the safe cleansed ways.
- After entering way, if you type where and it should show Zone you're in: The Ways - Zone 30 (Cleansed ways replaces the old one).
If it shows you are in Within the Ways - Zone 25 otherwise, recall immediately because something has gone wrong and Machin Shin is still around ...
+ Machin Shin resets on reboot so you will have to cleanse the ways every reboot, too.
- Congratulation! You have cleansed the ways and make the world a brighter and safer place!
- Machin Shin loads a whip and a pelt which makes a Hsanc waist item.
Object 'whip screaming souls', Item type: WEAPON
Item will give you following abilities: NONE
Can be worn on: TAKE WIELD
Item is: MAGIC
Weight: 15, Value: 50000
Damage Dice is '3D6'
Attack Spell: tornado Power: 60 Percentage: 7
Can affect you as:
Affects : Hitroll By 3
Affects : Damroll By 3
Thief, Warrior, Paladin, Anti-Paladin, Ranger, Barbarian
Object 'sash of screaming souls', Item type: ARMOR
Item will give you following abilities: HalfSanc
Can be worn on: TAKE WAIST
Item is: MAGIC
Weight: 7, Value: 3500
AC-apply is 4
Can affect you as:
Affects : HP By -15
Affects : Mana By -15
Affects : Move By -15
Thief, Warrior, Paladin, Anti-Paladin, Ranger, Barbarian, Monk, Artificer
Guide by Shuu/Ilia. Special thanks to Gerin and Sec.